The Hank Perry, or Hank, is the regions premier off-road RC facility. The Hank Perry was established in 1986 by a group of enthusiasts who had a desire for a meeting place where organized racing could be held. The Hank, located at 1901 N. Sullivan, has been in the current location and was originally owned by Spokane County, however, during the incorporation of Spokane Valley, the property ownership was transferred to Spokane Valley Parks and Recreation.
Over the years, the Hank has survived discussions of closures, however, through the diligence and expression of the RC community, the facility remains.
The Hank which, is situated on the Northern edge of Sullivan Park, is leased by RCCCS. RCCCS manages and maintains the facility. RCCCS has invested heavily into the maintenance, expansion, and enhancement of the Hank over the life of the facility.
In 2010, the Hank was completely rebuilt which included an expansion to the West and North which effectively doubled the track racing surface. This expansion also removed and replaced the old driver stand with a new, taller, wider and longer driver stand, as well as added additional water spigots, installed all new electrical and the installation of permanent lighting. Since that time RCCCS has continued to enhance the facility with screened dirt laid on top of fabric to keep the river rock out of the surface, concrete blocks lining the perimeter, additional electrical, and routine maintenance of the facility. See the photo galleries for pictures.
RCCCS has the option to close and lock the Hank when the facility is not in use by the club. We believe doing so would be an incredible dis-service to the community though. During the warmer months, and weather permitting, the facility will remain open and available for use. Weather related closures such as standing water or snow/ice on the track surface will warrant closure to avoid significant damage to the surface.
RCCCS asks that those who do use the facility do so safely not just for yourself, but others as well. We ask than users help take care of the facility, clean up after yourselves and maybe another if needed. Please be courteous and respectful of the facility and each other. Most of all, enjoy using the facility!
RCCCS Rules of the facility:
- First and foremost, have fun using the facility
- Radio controlled 1/8th or smaller vehicles only.
- No bicycles, ATV’s, or motorcycles allowed.
- Do not climb or hang on pit lane, fences, or driver stand
- Do not drive backwards on the track.
- Do not dig, anywhere.
- Stay off the track if the surface is muddy or has standing water.
- Be respectful and mindful of the facility, tools and others.
- Be safe and use caution while using the track.
- Clean up after yourself.
- No smoking inside the fenced perimeter.
- No glass bottles on the premises.
- Alcohol / drug use prohibited.
- Refrain from the use of foul language.
- Power is for RC enthusiasts only.
- Physical or verbal altercations will not be tolerated.
- Unsportsmanlike behavior will not be tolerated.
- Review and abide by the Spokane Valley Parks and Recreation sign for additional rules.
- Please report vandalism or facility misuse to the club or the Spokane Valley Parks and Recreation Department 509.720.5401